Play therapy makes a difference. Play is an enjoyable, fun activity that elevates our spirits and brightens our outlook on life. Play relieves feelings of stress and boredom and, most importantly, helps us express ourselves.
What is Play Therapy?
Play therapy or therapy through a playful lens allows clients to express themselves creatively and provides them a way to act our their internal world in therapy.
Play therapy helps children to address and resolve their challenges and builds on the natural way that children learn about themselves and their relationships in the world around them.
What does Play Therapy help?
Play therapy helps children:
- Become more responsible for their behaviors and develop more successful strategies for coping with stress
- Develop new and creative solutions to problems
- Develop respect and acceptance of self and others
- Learn to experience and express emotion
- Cultivate empathy
- Deeper understanding of thoughts of self and others
- Learn new social skills and relational skills within the family
- Develop self-efficacy and a better assuredness about their abilities
Play therapy aims to help a child’s growth and development and helps alleviate anxiety and soften depression. The practice of play therapy requires extensive, specialized education, training and experience. With my knowledge and background, I am confident that you and I can set your child up for success.
If you’re interested in learning more about play therapy and how it can help your child grow, contact me today for a free consultation.