- Do you and your partner feel disconnected?
- Is parenting creating conflict in your relationship?
- Are you and your spouse/partner struggling to jointly parent?
- Do you and your spouse need help parenting a challenging child or one with special needs?
- Has your relationship changed since you had children?
- Are you considering having children?
I work with couples around parenting issues as well as those considering having children. Many of the couples I see are experiencing conflict in their relationship because of a fundamental difference in their parenting.
Sessions will focus on improving your relationship while providing parenting strategies to help improve and reduce tension at home.
One of the strategies I use while working with couples is the Gottman Method of Couples Therapy. The Gottman Method emerged from psychologist John Gottman’s 40+ years of research and work with couples. It is a proven and scientifically-based method of treatment that focuses and builds on the strengths of your relationship. Sessions are structured and goal oriented. Our work will increase mutual respect, help resolve conflict, create better understanding between partners, and help keep conflict discussions calm.
In my work with couples, I have found that it often takes a long time to reach out for help. Many couples I see have struggled for some time before they are able to ask for help. Gottman’s approach to counseling for couples offers strategies that can be implemented immediately to help couples reconnect and improve their ability to communicate. One of these is my focusing on the couples’ Love Map. It also helps couples develop strategies to manage conflict and fighting.